With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Words are not always useful!


Empty Words

my soul feels crushed
you asked me to trust
promised to help
were they just empty words?

the agreement said
you’d act in my best interest
now that includes asking me to lie
were they just empty words?

I lead to believe it was a formality
a done deal – something that needed to be
you promised to fight with me
were they just empty words?

it is not about now,
just planning for the future
nothing will change
were they just empty words?

you ask me to trust
put everything on the line
you can not lose
were they just empty words?

they are empty words,
everything is on the line
you’ve taken all control
leaving with empty words

my soul breaks
mourn for losses
you’ve stolen from me
you left empty words

can I charge for time
you careless wasted
can you pay the time
no, you’ve only got empty words

you don’t represent me
you don't know what I need
I no longer  want
empty words you offered me

Debbie Chilton © Copyright, 24 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment