With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Friday, July 8, 2011

Online

Online

Online I can chose be no one
Invisible to the human eye,
Online I may choose to make my mark
By the way I create and build my profile.

Online I present like anyone else,
No one can see how different I am,
Online my disabilities are hidden
Unless I don’t want them to be,
 
Online I can be me
Nothing is gained by pretences,
Online no physical barriers exist
Between me and others in the online world,

Online it doesn’t matter if you’re
Fat or thin; tall or short, white or black,
Online I am like everybody else
Putting my thoughts, feeling and opinions out there,

Online my words count
As much as the next person,
No one challenges the validity of my words
Due to misconceptions of who I may be,

 Online my general appearance reflects
That of anybody else. . . Online
Online my thoughts, feelings and opinions,
Go unquestioned.

Offline. . . The reality is
I know we all judge others,
Online . . . Just as we judge others
When we’re Offline.

Online the difference is
They too are invisible to me,
Online unless people tell me direct
I can’t see how they react!

Debbie Chilton (c) Copyright 2011
 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment