With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Friday, July 29, 2011

Be Warned Facebookers


Social Networking

Spreads like oozing larva
Only it can be controlled
Its path can be redirected
For good or evil
The choice is ours.

Amazed!
I’ve just opened a Google account
It connects me to blogger and
Blogger to my facebook account
And more . . .

Should I be afraid?
This spider like creature
Knows who I am
Once I sign into any one of
My Google powered social network sites.

Like a child joining the dots
In his colouring book
A click of my mouse
Allows me to link
Countless pages to my facebook wall.

It remembers me
And takes me straight to my wall
Should I be trusting this spider
How poisonous is its vermin
Will it turn back to bite me?

If I can jump from page to page
Without being asked for my password
Is the information safe with
This creature with spreading tentacles
From hackers who too click with their mouse.

Will the stint of the malting larva    
Be protection enough
From the lurking prey
That set their traps
In the triangles of social networking world.

Yet what a tool it is
Through the process of my working day
To have all my business contacts
On one page
Altering me to opportunities to spread my wings.

Giving me the power to connect
With writers, publishers and industry supports
Altering me to workshops, competitions
While linking me to other bloggers
I guess I need to trust the spider won’t bite me.

Debbie Chilton (c) Copyright July 2011
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment