With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Monday, July 25, 2011

Gift Wrapping


A PARCEL FROM HEAVEN

If I were a parcel sent from heaven,
Would you attempt to send me back,
Would you say to God, he ‘got the packaging wrong’,
Would you suggest he change this or that.

If I were a parcel sent from heaven,
Would you choose to look inside,
Would you look beyond what you saw,
Would you allow me through your door.

If I were a parcel sent from heaven,
Would you be happy just to enjoy,
Would you resist the temptation to analyse me,
Would you be content with the beauty in me.

Oh, my friend, why can’t you see,
I am truly a parcel from heaven;
Why do you look at me as though what you see is wrong,
Instead of enjoying the beauty that is me.

Copyright (c) Debbie Chilton
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment