With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Unimpressed


Stunned

I stood silently
Too stunned to speak
As Scottie sat
Slouched on my shoe

Tapping my foot
Annoyed Scottie
Would leave my
Garden in ruins

He sneaked a look up
Quickly looked away
When I caught his eye
Knowing there was no more

I squatted as I
Shook my head
Eyeballing Scottie
Who looked away.

He did say thank you
I like to think
It was the other slugs
That shredded my lettuce

Leaves across the veggies
Leaving my garden in ruins
I trusted him to bring
The other slugs in line

Now every lettuce leaf
Lies dead in front of me
Scrambled with
Baby peas and carrots

It looks as though they
They been using
The carrots as darts
And my lettuces as targets

Scottie they weren’t
The sort of party games
That I had in mind
I needed the snotty slugs sorted.

I admit I am impressed
With the orange peal
Thank you note
I guess its time to clean.

Debbie Chilton (c) Copyright, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment