With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some advice wanted or not!


My daily ramblings . . .

Advice

Always well meaning
Not necessarily correct
Can be overpowering and confusing

Well meaning
Not asked for
Incredibility frustrating
  


Backyard experts

Always correct
100% reliable
It works for them
So of course they’re right
Not!
Forgetting that everybody works differently
Especially when you have Cerebral Palsy 





Unwanted Advice

Handcrafted from God
Not been reproduced
Nor made in a mould

I may look similar
Or differ to you
The results are the same

Marked as unique  
Individualised custom made
If you like

My service guide
Differs from yours
So does its advice

What is best for you
May not work for me
Understand I’ve different needs

Like hearing what works
In you life
But like choices better


So do me a favour
When I start to lecture
Tell me

Because neither of us
Wants unwanted advice
Often overwhelming! 


Debbie Chilton (c) Copyright, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment