With Debbie Chilton

Author and Poet

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Play On Words!


DISability!
Is that all you see my friend,
Such a small part of me,
Is that really all you can see?

DisABILITY!
Can you see this my friend?
When you chose to see
Every part of me!

So you see my friend,
DISaiblity?
What disability?
All I sense are my abilities!

Disability you say,
What about how to overcome,
Them I say,
All I see is a few hurdles in the way.

Nothing that can’t be removed,
Nothing too hard my abilities can’t improve,
They told me once the ‘right way’ things are done,
But I’ll telling you theres more ways to do things than one.  

Some may have a hissy fit,
At the way I make a fix,
What does it matter if it don’t look right?
As long as I try with all my might.

Debbie Chilton (c) Copyright 2011
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment